This blog is dedicated to promoting my favourite photographers that I have discovered whilst writing kisses and cross stitches. If you use any photographs from this blog, please link to the photographers and their own sites

1.6.10

Maggie Lochtenberg

Maggie Lochtenberg lives in Los Angeles and her dreamy, vintage-looking photographs perfectly epitomise the laid-back, sun-soaked ideals which spring to mind when daydreaming of this part of the world. Maggie's photographs seem to have been taken decades ago, the grainy effect gained through the antique cameras that she uses being her signature style. The haunting, multiple-exposure shots would look stunning blown up onto canvas, transporting a dismal suburban home into Maggie's sunny world.


What got you into photography? I have been painting and drawing since I was a kid, and never looked at photography from an artist perspective until a couple years ago. I loved the look of film and polaroids, and began collecting vintage cameras and reading old manuals. I figured it out myself and got a job to keep buying cameras. I think that made it a very personal hobby. I didn't ever think I would post my photos online until I discovered flickr. Maybe one day I will get a blog!


Who are your favorite photographers? Mary Ellen Mark, Sally Mann, Diane Arbus.


Who is your favourite author? Tom Robbins, he’s a complete genius.


Where did you grow up? I live and grew up in Hermosa Beach. It’s in LA, California, and I love it!


What were you like as a child? I was a very very strange child. I asked people to call me Bruce, enough said.


Who or what would you most like to photograph? I would looove to take pictures of Mia Farrow, but 1968 Mia, not present-day, sorry Ms. Farrow


What cameras do you use? I use mostly Polaroid cameras or medium format. The Polaroid 600se. The sx-70. And a Mamiya medium format camera with a Polaroid back.


What music do you listen to? I like everything, from Pink Floyd to the Misfits to Fever Ray to The Books to Kimya Dawson; I love lots of different genres.


Maggie's flickr

2 comments:

  1. So beautiful! The sixth one is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm in love with all of these photos!

    www.raspberry-pancakes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete